The Felton Cemetery Association is made up of an appointed Board of Directors who serve without compensation and is a not-for-profit corporation. Residents of Felton, Ben Lomond, Zayante and Mount Hermon are the only people who can purchase (and be registered owners) of cemetery plots. Interments are limited to their family members only. There is no provision for endowment care. The Board relies heavily on volunteer labor to maintain the cemetery and welcomes donations of your time and money for this purpose.Please note that the Felton Cemetery Board has established the following guidelines for the Felton Cemetery.
- Plots are not to be bordered by any structure more than 6 inches high and 4 inches wide. Any and all borders must be within the length and width of the plot purchased.
- Permanent plantings of trees, shrubs or any other plants are not permitted.
- No glass of any kind allowed anywhere in the cemetery.
- All new headstones must be flat and can only be set under the direct supervision of the groundskeeper once the proper fees have been paid.
- The Association has the right to remove any and all material and/or decorations not conforming to the above regulations or anything that has broken or become weathered/unsightly.
- All interments are to be under the supervision of the Cemetery groundskeeper. No burials or scattering of ashes is allowed without prior permission and the proper disposition permits are required.
- Only 1 burial allowed per burial plot, one set of cremated remains may be allowed in the casket with proper permits.
- Cemetery hours are from sunrise to sunset. Loitering and/or drug/alcohol use on cemetery grounds is strictly prohibited.